AI & RPA in the Data Centre – Robotic Process Automation
As the digital transformation era gains precedence across the business industry, many companies are interested in the revolutionary robotic processes becoming available. While positions such as Chief Information Officers and Chief Cloud Officers are still considered necessary positions that help a business gain a competitive advantage and to garner continuous growth, when combined with robotic process automation, the potential is strengthened. However, not all robotic process automation systems are the same and understanding the differences between Artificial Intelligence (AI), and RPA (Robotic Process Automation) is key to choosing the best option for your business moving forward.
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a form of computing hardware that is able to think and make decisions based on the data being received. As such, AI systems are vastly complex and equally as powerful offering businesses the power to utilize technology to process complicated tasks and procedures within a business, such as voice to text features, business and sales forecasting, online customer support, and process automation. Additionally, due to the latest tech developments, AI systems can complete these complex tasks faster and more efficiently than humans in some cases.
Benefits of Implementing Artificial Intelligence Services
The benefits of implementing AI technologies into a business infrastructure are grand, with the most popular ones being:
• Reduce the time spent on routine tasks and processes
• Increase operational efficiencies and productivity
• Avoid ‘human error’
• Gain a competitive advantage by meeting customer demands
• Free up employees so time can be spent on higher value tasks
• Make faster decisions
• Generate business and market insights to ensure continuous growth
• Improve customer experience with efficient and timely service
• Identify and maximize sales
• Understand your customers better and provide personalized service
What is Robotic Process Automation (RPA)?
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a technology application that automates business processes, based on the structured inputs of a company. There is a vast array of RPA tools that can be used to automate a wide range of business tasks, such as manipulating data, triggering responses, processing transactions and sharing data with other systems within the IT infrastructure. RPA tools can be used to complete simple tasks, such as sending automatic responses to incoming emails to more complicated tasks, such as processing claims and cleansing data.
Benefits of Implementing Robotic Process Automation
RPA is an evolution of workflow automation, screen scraping, and artificial intelligence. As such, it also offers the benefits of each, as well as many more with some of the top advantages being:
• Optimize customer service by improving efficiency
• Complete business processes quicker without jeopardizing quality and accuracy
• Ensure operations and processes comply with the standards and regulations of a business
• Reduce costs spent on manual and repetitive tasks
• Allow employees to focus on higher value tasks
• Decrease ‘human error’ caused by lack of knowledge or tiredness
• Enhance internal processes such as reporting
• Leverage your existing IT systems
• Increase productivity
• Accelerate ROI
Artificial Intelligence is more geared towards the automatic completion of tasks that require thinking or input of detailed data so a personalized process can be executed, whereas Robotic Process Automation technologies pertain more so to the automation of tasks that don’t involve unique characteristics for each process. However, both AI and RPA are futuristic technologies that are changing the way businesses operate and can be used to enhance business processes internally and externally.